Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas...New Years...all of it!

















This year has been amazing! I got to go to Kentucky for Betsy's graduation and see my family, who I've missed dearly, we bought a house, I changed jobs, I started school, we added a new little girl to our family...wow!! It's really been a whirlwind!




Christmas was really fun, we had Christmas Eve with Nick's family, playing games and eating yummy food! Then Nick and I continued our Christmas Eve tradition of driving around and looking at people's Christmas light displays. There were some really beautiful houses out there! Then Christmas morning we got up and opened presents at home. The girls loved getting presents, and of course fought over who got which bone and toy. Of course, like any other sibling, they each only wanted what the other one had! Crazy little girls! We then got dressed and went to Nick's parents house for breakfast. My parents flew in later in the morning and then came the snow. In the 4 hours between dropping them off and dinner at Nick's parent's house again we got a good 3 inches. Strange as it is, we got the snow at our house, but Nick's parents didn't get any?? Oddest thing I've ever seen...but eventually the snow hit the whole valley and over night we got a good 7 or 8 inches! It was insane!!! All in all, we had a really good Christmas. It was white, like Nick always likes, and I got to spend it with my mom and Ted, which is what I always like!






New Years Eve was more low key than other years, but we had fun! Josh and Lisa, and their boys, and Troy and Tambra, and their girls, came over for the night. We had finger foods and played games. Troy and Tambra left around 9:30 to put their girls to bed, but Josh and Lisa stayed the rest of the night. The boys did puzzles, played with blocks, watched Wall E and then crashed! Nick and Josh and Troy played Wii, the girls hung out and watched the mayhem on the Wii...and Lisa even got a chance at playing! We watched Ryan Seacrest ring in new year in Times Square and pretty much passed out. Shaylee was great and let me sleep till almost 10 the next morning!!! Granted we got up at 7 to go potty, but then she went right back to sleep and slept till 10! I was so happy! We discussed our New Years Resolutions, Josh and Lisa want to quit smoking, Nick wants to give up carbonation and fast food, and I'm giving up basically anything that isn't good for you. Carbonation, juice, sweets, fried foods....you name it, I'll be not eating it! The girls are having a competition until Feb 1 to see who loses the highest percentage of weight, and I'm pretty determined. Lisa and I are going to the gym 5 days a week, and I'm counting everything that goes into my body. Wish me luck! :)

No comments: